Complete Data Protection with Managed Security Services
Round-the-clock threat detection, monitoring, response and management across all your digital assets and environments.
Why does your business need Managed Security Services?
By augmenting your security operation, you can improve your security posture and confidently fulfil your business ambitions. Take the guesswork out of cybersecurity and let our experts manage the challenges so your team can focus on growing your business.
Minimise Business Disruption
Add the security layers you need to defend your organisation against all types of malware, ransomware and DDoS attacks. Leverage Lumen Black Lotus Labs® to identify threats that others cannot.
Automate Threat Intelligence
Automate the collection, analysis and prevention of malicious activities such as privileged account breaches, credential theft and login anomalies across all levels of the system before the situation escalates.
Unify Threat Management
Integrate all your security requirements under a single system. Our seasoned security experts can handle everything from managed event detection and response to database monitoring, threat hunting, digital forensics and more.
Control Security Costs
Reduce expenditure by implementing cost-efficient security models that minimise labour and CAPEX. Choose from several different pricing packages for complete control over security expenses.
Comprehensive managed security for your organisation
Integrate security incident management with advanced threat automation and detection to enjoy complete protection on the edge, your network and the cloud. Augment and optimise your security posture with our dedicated team and world-class solutions.
Learn more about Lumen Managed Security Services
What are Lumen Managed Security Services?
Lumen Managed Security Services includes 24/7 monitoring, prevention, analysis and incident response services. Focus IT resources and staff on business-centric tasks while we take on the ancillary duties to safeguard your daily business operations. Our managed services include:
- Managed cloud security with intrusion detection, VPN/VPC/firewall management, vulnerability testing, monitoring, reporting and more.
- Managed security awareness with our trademarked phishing and cybersecurity training programs.
- Managed digital risk protection for secure and efficient digital transformations.
- Managed IoT security for enhanced visibility and protection on the edge.
- SOC as a Service with SIEM, threat hunting, behavioural analytics, digital forensics, database and activity monitoring, managed endpoint detection and response and more.
How do Lumen Managed Security Services work?
With Lumen Managed Security Services, you can offload security tasks to a team of professionals, 24/7. Combining human expertise with technology, we help you minimise the impact of attacks and respond quickly to threats.
First, our team analyses your existing security posture and then implements enhancements to strengthen your security and regulatory compliance. While details vary based on specific scenarios, this is a helpful overview.
- Everything starts with the security tools detecting an event.
- We optimise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) configurations to prioritise incidents and filter out security noise.
- Our security analysts consult run books and applicable use cases to identify true threats.
- Threat analysts and security experts use multiple tools to understand risks and your organisation’s exposure level.
- After deep investigation, we prepare remediation recommendations and respond systematically to the threat.
Managed Security Services FAQs
What is meant by managed security services?
Organisations outsource managed security services to third-party providers to mitigate the daily pressures of security risks and resource constraints.
Recent trends such as hybrid cloud, edge computing and work-from-anywhere have complicated the IT landscape. As more devices and users connect to networks from virtually anywhere, an organisation’s security risk posture increases tremendously.
Building and maintaining quality, in-house security is challenging due to the effort needed to select the best security technology and source and retain the right security talent. Managed security services perform several functions to augment and optimise an organisation’s existing security measures.
What does a managed security provider do?
A managed security provider offers application, network, cloud and edge security services to organisations that don’t have the budget or resources to develop internal security capabilities. They provide a systematic approach to managing security needs. Functions include tasks like:
- Intrusion prevention and detection
- Firewall management
- Vulnerability scanning and patch management
- Round-the-clock monitoring and alert management
- Security assessments and audits
- Incident response and recovery
Managed security providers maintain and upgrade their security infrastructure to provide cutting-edge protection at all times.
What is the difference between managed services and managed security services?
Managed services are an umbrella term for all types of IT services that an organisation can outsource to a third-party provider. Managed security services specifically refer to security monitoring and management. The term managed services often refers to IT infrastructure services like hosting, database management and server provisioning. Some managed service providers may also provide security assistance, but a managed security service provider is a better choice if you want comprehensive application and data protection.
Insights and Resources
Questions? Let’s talk.
Contact our team and get answers you’re looking for.