Empower your business with edge cloud computing solutions
Build data and compute-intensive edge applications that enhance reliability, speed and security for users everywhere.
Reasons why your business
needs an edge cloud solution
Centralised cloud architecture becomes a bottleneck when you want to deliver split-second response times without compromising security. That’s where edge cloud services come in. The edge cloud enables organisations to move their workloads and resources closer to the network edge, where content is created and consumed.
Improved customer experience
Run applications closer to users via our edge servers built for high performance and low latency. Our patent-pending adaptive edge engine routes workloads to meet real-time traffic demand.
Advanced holistic threat protection
Deploy our next-generation firewall, DDoS and threat protection services across the edge network, close to where attacks originate. Customise and change solutions as your threat profile evolves.
Ensure predictability of costs for quick market entry with capacity for interaction-intensive applications.
Total flexibility and control
Lumen Edge Cloud services are built with developers in mind. Bring your own code or choose pre-integrated modules using our edge serverless functions and DevOps tooling.
The edge cloud ecosystem
Bring the power of cloud computing closer to your customers.
Decentralise operations and make real-time decisions by processing data closer to its source.
Learn more about Lumen Edge Cloud
What is Lumen Edge Cloud?
The Lumen Edge Cloud is a globally distributed edge node and high-capacity fibre network with direct connections to the public cloud. It combines high-performing compute and storage with built-in security and orchestration so you can process data closer to your end users securely and at the scale you need.
Lumen Edge Cloud data centres contain low latency components such as bare metal, virtual machines and network nodes that deliver performance and reliability to your applications. We combine ~160,000+ on-net fibre locations, our network of low-latency edge nodes, and dense fibre connections to deliver <5ms or better latency.
What are the use cases of Lumen Edge Cloud?
You can use Lumen Edge Cloud services for all applications requiring low latencies and fast response times. For example
- Monitoring and management of remote assets
- Cloud gaming that streams game data to user devices
- Delivering content like music, videos or live feeds at scale
- IoT use cases like smart home, smart grid and traffic management
Real-time data-driven decision-making is a key factor driving the adoption of edge cloud computing. For example, autonomous driving technologies depend on machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) systems to distinguish between objects in a fraction of a second. Processing data milliseconds after collecting it can only be done on the edge.
What are Lumen Edge cloud services?
Lumen’s edge-first architecture allows us to do what other providers can’t — deliver multiple cost-effective, high-performance, and secure solutions on a single platform.
- Lumen® Edge Bare Metal provides raw computing power and a flexible, pay-as-you-grow model your developers need to build and scale applications of the future. It is supported by one of the most deeply peered IP networks in the world.
- Lumen® Edge VM delivers flexible compute and storage, plus additional integration with security and network capabilities for near-zero latency. It is ideal if you want to enhance the user experience for ultra-low latency applications at scale.
- Lumen® Edge Private Cloud incorporates familiar container management and virtualisation platforms like VMWare and Red Hat, allowing your developers to focus less on infrastructure and more on designing next-generation, high-performance applications.
How is security handled on the Lumen Edge Cloud?
Lumen’s 4 scrubbing centres, three SOCs and the Lumen threat intelligence arm, Black Lotus Labs®, work together to provide comprehensive security for APAC customers at the edge. We strategically deploy and orchestrate next-generation web application firewall services API protection, volumetric DDoS protection and bot risk management across the edge network, close to where attacks originate.
Automated threat intelligence quickly identifies and blocks malicious behaviour patterns using machine learning. Our ecosystem approach leverages security partners, so you can choose the solution that suits our unique security challenges. You can also use our dedicated SOCs to optimise your internal cloud security resources.
Insights and Resources
Questions? Let’s talk.
Contact our team and get answers you’re looking for.