Choosing the right vendor to implement Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solutions is a critical decision for network security administrators. Each vendor brings its own unique set of features, capabilities, and pricing structures. This article aims to provide an overview of the key factors to consider when evaluating vendors, as well as a brief look at some of the top players in the SASE and ZTNA markets.
Criteria for Evaluating Vendors
When assessing vendors, consider the following factors:
1. Solution Coverage: Ensure the vendor provides a comprehensive solution that covers all your needs, from firewall capabilities to data loss prevention.
2. Integration: Check how well the vendor’s solution integrates with your existing network and security infrastructure.
3. Scalability: Can the solution grow with your business?
4. Performance: Research and test the solution’s speed and performance to avoid negatively impacting user experience.
5. Support: Look for vendors that provide excellent technical and customer support.
Assessing SASE Vendors
When looking at SASE vendors, consider those known for offering integrated SD-WAN and network security solutions. The best providers are recognised for their global network performance and the provision of a suite of integrated network services, which includes advanced threat protection. Other vendors might focus on the seamless integration of network services, offering comprehensive SASE solutions that amalgamate SD-WAN, security, and edge computing capabilities.
Evaluating ZTNA Vendors
Noteworthy vendors in the ZTNA space are often renowned for their advanced capabilities and extensive range of integrations. Some offer unique approaches to ZTNA, eliminating the need for VPNs. Others provide seamless and secure access to applications without network access, thereby maintaining a zero trust model.
Choosing the Right Vendor for Your Needs
Ultimately, the best vendor will depend on your specific requirements. It’s important to consider your existing network infrastructure, future growth plans, budget and the specific challenges your organisation faces.
Whether you opt for SASE or ZTNA (or a combination of both), making the right choice can significantly enhance your network security, streamline operations, and prepare your business for the future. Consulting with experts, like the team at Lumen, can help you navigate these decisions and choose the right solution for your business.